Winter Dieting Tips
To get you started, here are some helpful tips.
- Ditch screen time or playing solitaire in your office and get outdoors during your lunch break to enjoy the warmth. Getting some sunlight helps to optimise your moods which can increase your energy levels and avoid those sugary treats.
- Indulge your cravings in moderation, once a week. Try fruit based desserts like baked apple with low fat custard or a toasted crumpet sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- Sneak the veggies in. While eating a cold lettuce salad for lunch doesn’t seem appetizing, trying adding veggies to soup, casseroles and stir-fries. You could even add puree veggies to bolognaise sauce, rissoles or frittatas.
- Get plenty of sleep. Skimping on shut-eye, can pack on the weight because you could alter the hunger hormones, making you more prone to give into junk food.
- Be organised. No one likes to come home on a cold wintry night and think of a healthy meal to cook. A well-stocked pantry allows you to throw together a fast flavourful meal even after a long day. Regularly do a grocery shop and stock your fridge with frozen vegetables, tins of soups, eggs, wholemeal pasta, noodles and rice.
Tell us about your dieting experience in the comments, or book an appointment with us today and let's discuss your goals!
Solutions With Food