A Cheat’s Homemade Tomato & Capsicum Soup
5 Mins Prep + 20 Mins Cooking
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
250g Red Capsicum, roasted or chargrilled, drained & chopped
1 Cup Low Fat Milk
2 Cups Water
1/4 cup Fresh Oregano Leaves, chopped
2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
50g Feta Cheese, crumbled
820g Tomato Soup
- Heat large non-stick saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add soup, milk and water. Stir to combine. Cover and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, partially covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Puree until smooth.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons oregano and balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes or until hot.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with feta and remaining oregano.
- Serve with crusty multi-grain bread, if desired.