Skinny Banana and Berry Muffins
15 Mins Prep + 20 Mins Cooking Time
Makes 15 I 525kJ (125cal) per Muffin
2 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup honey
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 large overripe bananas
¼ non-fat Greek yoghurt
1 large egg
¾ cup skim milk
¾ cup fresh or frozen berries
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160 degrees. Spray muffin trays with non-stick cooking oil spray.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mash bananas then add the honey and sugar. Mix until smooth.
4. Add yoghurt, egg and milk to other wet ingredients and combine well.
5. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and slowly, gently combine. Over-mixing will lead to tough muffins.
6. Gently fold in berries.
7. Fill mixture into 15 muffin tin spots and top with a sprinkle of rolled oats. Bake for 17-18 minutes or until edges slightly browned.