Chocolate and Raspberry Brownies
15 Mins Prep + 20 Mins Cooking Time
Makes 12 I 496kJ (118cal) per Brownie
¼ cup rolled oats
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup whey chocolate protein powder
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup milk (skim, soy, almond, or coconut)
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup dark choc chips + 1 tablespoons for topping
½ cup raspberries
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees. Spray 20 x 20cm baking pan with non-stick cooking oil spray.
2. Put oats in blender for 1 minute. Put blended oats in a bowl and whisk in protein powder and cocoa.
3. In a separate bowl, add applesauce, egg, honey, vanilla and milk and whisk until smooth and well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Heat oil and ¼ cup choc chips in small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until they have melted together. Pour over brownie mix and stir until combined.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining choc chips and raspberries.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
7. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely then once cool, cut into 12 bars.