Vanilla Mini Cupcakes
10 Mins Prep + 15 Mins Cooking Time
Makes 12 I 478kJ (114cal) per Cupcake
42g butter or margarine
87g caster sugar
1 large egg white
½ tsp vanilla essence
60g self-raising flour
90g low fat milk
20g (1 tbsp) butter softened
½ cup icing sugar
2 teaspoon low fat milk
Dash vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 170°C and line 12 your mini cupcake / muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners
2. In a medium bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg white and vanilla and beat until smooth.
3. Add ½ (30g) of the flour and mix on low until combined. Add milk and mix then add the remaining flour and mix until well combined and smooth.
4. Divide the batter between prepared cupcake liners, filling just 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean
5. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
6. In a small bowl, beat butter, icing sugar and milk together until smooth. Pipe or spread icing evenly over cupcakes.