Pan-Roasted Sweet Potato with Cranberries and Pepitas
5 Mins Prep + 15-18 Mins Cooking
900g Sweet potato, peeled
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 Tablespoon Honey
2 Teaspoons Soy sauce
½ Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
½ Teaspoon Ground turmeric
2 Slices Short cut bacon, chopped
2 Tablespoons Cranberries
2 Tablespoons Pepitas
- Halve sweet potato lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 3 cm thick slices.
- Heat ½ oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add half the sweet potato, and cook, turning once, until starting to brown in spots, about 2 – 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium to low and cook, turning frequently until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl, cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and sweet potato.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and turmeric in a small bowl.
- Add bacon to pan and cook over medium to low heat, stirring often, until crispy. Add honey mixture, stirring for 30 seconds. Return sweet potato to pan, along with cranberries and peptias and toss with honey mixture. Remove from the heat.
- Serve warm with your favourite roast meat or at room temperature with a salad.