FODMAP Friendly Pork and Lemon Pasta Bake
20 Mins Prep + 35 Mins Cooking
Serves 6 | 1477 kJs (353 calories) per serve
250g (1½ cups) dried gluten free penne pasta
500g lean pork mince
4 shallots, green part only, finely sliced
1 tbsp garlic infused oil
2 medium carrots, peeled, finely chopped
⅓ cup broccoli stalk, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
½ dry white wine
¼ cup tomato paste
1 tsp low FODMAP stock powder (try Massels)
120g lactose free cream cheese (try Liddels)
2 tbsp lemon juice
⅓ cup grated parmesan
Fresh flat leaf parsley to serve
1. Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare oven proof casserole dish.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook breaking up the mince with the back of wooden spoon, for 6 mins or until browned.
4. Add shallots (green part only), carrot, broccoli stalk and rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Add wine. Cook for 2 mins or until liquid has reduce by half. Add tomato paste and stock powder. Stir to combine.
5. Stir in pasta cooking liquid. Bring to a simmer. Add pasta, tossing to combine. Remove from heat and spoon mixture into oven proof casserole dish.
6. Combine cream cheese, lemon juice and half of the parmesan in a bowl. Dollop the cream cheese mixture over the pork pasta sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
7. Bake for 20 mins or until cream cheese mixture is golden. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with low FODMAP steamed vegetables.